Jerin was invited to speak about her intersectional activism on behalf of women and people of color, especially while she was undocumented.
As Staten Island's progressive activist network continues to grow and organize, how do we ensure the movement is inclusive and reflective of the multitude of identities and experiences of Staten Island women? How do we move beyond good intentions to ensure our work doesn't negatively impact marginalized communities including gender non-conforming individuals? Why is it important?
Join Move Forward Staten Island and the Social Justice Committee of the Unitarian Church for a community conversation.
- Jerin Arifa, Founder & President, Young Feminists & Allies: National Organization for Women’s (NOW) Inaugural Virtual Chapter
- Meg Barnette, Chief of Staff and General Counsel, Planned Parenthood of New York City Action Fund
- Zulma Cruz, Director Food Advocacy Project Hospitality, President of the SI Hunger Task Force and Co-Chair of the SI Alliance for Children and Families
- Debbie-Ann Paige, Public Historian and Professional Genealogist
- Jenna Pantophlet, Graduate Student in Animal Behavior and Conservation at Hunter College