Jerin Arifa is an award-winning activist, a first-generation Bangladeshi and Muslim-American feminist, and happily married woman to an atheist, Alaskan man.
As Seen On...
TV Interview with Eve Ensler
- Gaiam TV, Mind Shift, Daniel Pinchbeck, “Worldwide Feminine Revolution.”
National Public Radio
- The Brian Lehrer Show, Brian Lehrer, “The Other "F" Word”
- CSR Wire Talkback, "Historical United State of Women Summit"
- Shahirah Majumdar, “Have Queer Muslims Gained Acceptance in Their Communities Since the Pulse Shooting?”
- Jenée Desmond-Harris, “9 devastating, revealing stories of being Muslim in post-9/11 America”
- Jenée Desmond-Harris, “The way we talk about Islamophobia every 9/11 anniversary is maddeningly oversimplified”
The Huffington Post
- "Islamophobia Encourages Violence Against Women"
- "KKK: The Christian State? A Bangladeshi-American’s Plea Against Homegrown and International Terrorism"
- "The Murdered Imam Wore the Same Clothes as My Father"
- "The Difference Between Being a Racist and Having Normal Reactions to a Racist Society"
- Martyna Starosta and Andre Lewis, “New York City Joins One Billion Rising to Stop Violence Against Women"
New York Post
- Connor Adams Sheets, “Asian-American Panel Views Domestic Violence”
The Village Voice
Center for American Progress
- Generation Progress Blog, Vivian Nunez, “Students Lead the Charge for Comprehensive Sexual Assault Policies at CUNY”
Radio Interview, Crime Prevention 101
Susan Bartelstone, "Bringing in the Bystander: Everyone has a Role to Play in Preventing Violence"
National Organization for Women (NOW)
Say It Sister Blog, "Feminist Lessons to Learn from Muslim Nation of Bangladesh"
Time Out NY
Know Your IX
WAM! (Women, Action and Media)
- Member Highlights: WAM!NYC May 2017 Newsletter
- Michele Haimoff, “Young Feminist Task Force’s Jerin Alam Receives Award”
Nicole Clark Consulting Blog
New Women New Yorkers
Daria Kurdyukova, “The 5 best job hunting tips from immigrant women, for immigrant women"
The Feminist Tea Party