Jerin Arifa is a polymath who received awards across disciplines -- from molecular biology to social justice. Her insatiable curiosity, along with her impeccable work ethic and high empathy, enable her to excel in a wide range of subjects -- whether it’s performing cutting-edge cancer research, or organizing across the aisles.
- The White House, Historical United State of Women Summit, Chosen among 10,000 nominations.
- Edna Berger Marks Foundation, Edna Award of Note for Advancing Social Justice.
- National Organization for Women (NOW), Outstanding Service Recognition.
- National Council of Jewish Women, First Prize Winner in Essay Contest on Ethics.
- Bella Abzug Leadership Institute, Young Woman Leadership Award.
- The Women's Democratic Club of New York City, Community Activist Award.
- City University of New York, Harriet Brows Scholarship for Social Change.
- University Student Senate, City University of New York, Outstanding Service Award.
- Hunter College, Student Activities Award.
- The Leadership Academy, City University of New York, Outstanding Service Award.
RESEARCH / ACADEMIC AWARDS:
- The New York Academy of Science, First Award for Scientific Achievement.
- Otto P. Burgdorf Research Competition, New York Biology Teachers Association, Finalist.
- Dade International Science Competition, American Society for Microbiology, Finalist.
- Thomas W. Smith Academic Fellowship, City University of New York.
- Golden Key International Honour Society, Member.