Training & Movement Building
Inspire your community! Book Jerin.
Jerin has decades of experience designing, executing and evaluating trainings in both corporate and nonprofit sectors. She speaks regularly to local, national and international audiences. Since childhood, she has trained thousands through keynote speeches, coaching and trainings on a wide range of curriculum:
Violence Against Women /Gender-Based Violence
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Training
- Campus Sexual Assault / Title IX
- Bystander Intervention
- Domestic Violence
- Street Harassment
Please find below a small sample of her past trainings and presentations.
- Internal and external messaging, The Financial Clinic.
- Fundraising and development, the YWCA of the City of New York. Expanded foundation grants 1,133%, corporate funds 247% and board support 278%, for 158-year-old organization with 184 staff and $9M annual budget.
- Membership acquisition, engagement and retention, the National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Systems/processes to develop, execute and analyze marketing and customer-service efforts of 41 locations, The Regus Group.
- Trainer: Coached executive and frontline staff to be spokespeople, The Financial Clinic.
- Trainer: Coached dozens of sales agents on partnership development and communications strategies (media relations, social media, outreach and networking), The Regus Group.
- Trainer: Educated and mobilized thousands for online/offline advocacy toward local and national campaigns, legislative campaigning and coalition building, National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Project Manager: Led co-funding initiative with four separate domestic violence nonprofits serving distinct cultures, developing internal and external messaging with sensitivity to cultural communications differences.
- Trainer: "Networking Skills in the Public Sector," Making your Mark!?
Muslim Feminist / Islamic Feminism / Faith & Feminism
- Speaker: TV Interview with Eve Ensler, Mind Shift, Daniel Pinchbeck, “Worldwide Feminine Revolution.”
- Speaker: "Faith and Feminism - Can a Religious or Spiritual Woman be Feminist ... and an Activist for Reproductive Rights?" 2012 National NOW Conference, National Organization for Women (NOW), Baltimore, MD.
- Trainer: "Mecca to Manhattan: Muslim Women Moving Mountains® 2014," Turning Point for Women and Families.
- Trainer: "Mecca to Manhattan: Muslim Women Moving Mountains® 2013," Turning Point for Women and Families.
Islamophobia / Racism / Hate Crimes
- Trainer: "Healing in the Post-Election Era, A Practical Workshop," WIN NYC.
- Moderator: "How to Fight Hate Crimes and Other Forms of Racism," 2012 National NOW Conference.
LGBTQAI+ Equality / Gender Identity & Expression
- Speaker and Organizer: LGBTQAI+ Muslims & Allies Eid-Ul-Adha celebration, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center.
- Speaker: Lesbian and Gay Democratic Club of Queens (LGDCQ) Women's Issues Night.
- Moderator and Organizer: LGBTQ, Muslims, and Allies Eid celebration, Muslims for Progressive Values, September 25, 2016.
- Moderator and Organizer: LGBTQ Muslims and Allies Eid celebration, Muslims for Progressive Values, July 17, 2016.
- Moderator and Organizer: Eid brunch: Multi-cultural/faith/atheist celebration, Young Feminists and Allies, July 19, 2015.
Feminism / Activism / Community Organizing
- Keynote along with Gloria Steinem: “Freedom on Our Terms: A New Agenda for Women and Girls 30 Years after the National Women’s Conference," Bella Abzug Leadership Institute.
- Trainer: "How to Make Every Day Love Your Body Day," 2012 National NOW Conference.
- Trainer: "The Feminist Tea Party: Political Edition," EDUCATE & ACT, Hunter Artist Action Group (HAAG), and 2 Hours a Week.
- Trainer: "Be Your Own Valentine: Feminist Tools & Tips," Young Feminists and Allies.
- Keynote: Downtown Women for Change Rally.
- Speaker: Cocktails with a Conscience: Feminism in America, Repair the World NYC.
- Speaker: Natural Novice, Siobhan O’Loughlin.
- Speaker: NOW Northeast Regional Conference & Elections for National Board 2014, National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Speaker: 2013 National NOW Conference, National Organization for Women (NOW), Chicago, IL.
- Speaker: Passionate Politics, Bluestockings Bookstore, Café, & Activist Center.
- Speaker: NOW - NY State - Annual Convention 2011, National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Speaker: 2011 National NOW Conference, National Organization for Women (NOW), Tampa, FL.
- Speaker: Art Showcase: Lucid Dreaming: Havest Season for the Soul.
- Speaker: 2010 National NOW Conference, National Organization for Women (NOW), Boston, MA.
- Speaker: NOW New York State Annual Convention 2009, National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Host: A Night to Remember: Variety Show, Hunter College.
Intersectionality / Convening Unlikely Allies
- Moderator and Organizer: #Solidarityisforwhitewomen with founder Mikki Kendall, Young Feminists and Allies.
- Speaker: Men Can Stop Rape Conference.
- Speaker: Feminist Men: Increasing Visibility, Paradigm Shift.
Young Feminists / Young Women's Leadership
- Trainer: Mentored young feminists across the U.S. to lead local groups, such as high school feminist clubs, as the Founder and President of the inaugural virtual chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Speaker: “National Young Women's Leadership Conference,” Feminist Majority Foundation.
- Moderator: "What's Your Feminist Tree? Giving Thanks to Your Feminist Roots and Spreading Your Feminist Branches: #myfem2tree," Bella Abzug Leadership Institute.
- Moderator: Young Feminist & Allies Google Hangout.
Violence Against Women
- Trainer: Train-the-trainer workshops on bystander intervention against gender-based violence, Hunter College Women's Rights Coalition. Trainees included students, faculty, staff, deans, athletics and public safety officials from City University of New York, New York University and Columbia University; and rape counselors across New York City.
- Trainer: Developed, executed and analyzed trainings for hundreds of volunteers from four separate anti-trafficking and domestic violence agencies serving distinct immigrant communities. This groundbreaking program taught volunteers not only to be pro-social bystanders against domestic and sexual violence, but also to recruit others in their communities to end gender-based violence.
Campus Sexual Assault / Title IX
Jerin was one of two students who spearheaded the campus sexual assault, stalking and domestic violence policy for the largest, urban, public university in the nation. She began working on the policy almost a decade before campus rape began making regular headlines.
- Moderator: Expert Tips to Fight Campus Rape Despite DeVos, Young Feminists and Allies.
- Radio Interview: Bringing in the Bystander: Everyone has a Role to Play in Preventing Violence, CrimePrevention 101.
- Speaker: The Hunting Ground, The Department of Women and Gender Studies, Hunter College.
- Speaker: CUNY Public Forum to Create Sexual Assault Policy, Queens College.
- Speaker: CUNY-wide sexual-assault Policy Public Forum, Hunter College.
- Speaker: ALPHA WOMEN ATTACK THE LOWER EAST SIDE! 2010.
- Speaker: ALPHA WOMEN ATTACK THE LOWER EAST SIDE! 2009.
- Moderator: Take Back The Night, Hunter Women's Rights Coalition (HWRC).
- Speaker: Out of the Darkness: Confronting Domestic Violence in our Community, New York Asian Women's Center.
- Presenter: "Using Interactive Theater to Educate about Domestic Violence," 2012 National NOW Conference, National Organization for Women (NOW), Baltimore, MD.
- Speaker: “Street Harassment Is a Form of Violence Against Women,” Hollaback, International Stop Street Harassment Rally 2015.
- Speaker: “How to End the Continuum of Violence Against Women,” Hollaback, International Stop Street Harassment Rally 2016.
- Speaker: “Talking Back: How to Combat Gender Violence on New York’s Subways and Public Spaces,” MYD | Manhattan Young Democrats and New Yorkers for Safe Transit.
- Moderator: Stop Global Street Harassment: Growing Activism Around the World, Stop Street Harassment, April 14, 2016.
- Moderator: Tweet Chat: Looking at Street Harassment Across the Broad Spectrum of Gender-Based Violence, Stop Street Harassment, April 17, 2015.
- Moderator: Stop Street Harassment: A Multicultural Perspective, Stop Street Harassment, April 12, 2015.